
Now it's over to you!
What else would you like to know about my garden or plot? I also welcome constructive feedback, good or bad. I call this version my 'learning garden' as it was my first major design and planting. Who knows how it will look in 2, 5 or 10 years time as I add to my knowledge?
I'm not a gardening expert, just enthusiastic. If I don't know the answer to your question straight away, I'll let you know and get back to you later.
Now don't forget those all important refreshments, nor the plant sales area to complete your visit. And of course there's the Guest Book to sign...
What else would you like to know about my garden or plot? I also welcome constructive feedback, good or bad. I call this version my 'learning garden' as it was my first major design and planting. Who knows how it will look in 2, 5 or 10 years time as I add to my knowledge?
I'm not a gardening expert, just enthusiastic. If I don't know the answer to your question straight away, I'll let you know and get back to you later.
Now don't forget those all important refreshments, nor the plant sales area to complete your visit. And of course there's the Guest Book to sign...
4 comments:
Here's my question about Heucheras ... do you know of any (apart from Ebony & Ivory, which I have, and which is just about OK in this respect), which have white or cream flowers which don't open from p*nk buds, have a hint of p*nk, fade to p*nk, or do anything else to do with p*nk? Nearly all the plant catalogues/websites tell you about the foliage of Heucheras, but not about the flowers. And while I generally like the foliage of them I don't want any p*nk things in my garden (horrible yucky colour). Red would be fine if it's a proper scarlety orangey-red but I often find in plant descriptions what masquerades as red is actually a really dark p*nk!
Hurrah! A question at last!
Most of my Heuchera have white flowers, but I can't guarantee they won't have a suspicion of pink when they're in bud. Most of the dark foliage ones like Ebony & Ivory (as you've just said), Licorice, Obsidian etc. have white flowers. Some of the green ones have a bright coral red flower, but as mine have just finished flowering I can't say which of mine do. Unfortunately I don't have any photographic records of their flowers at the moment to check for you.
Ah well, I'll try to remember to ask you the same question next year when the Heucheras are likely to be flowering!
Or perhaps I need to persuade R that we have to visit Hampshire (and just happen to be passing Solva Plants;) ) at that time of year ...
Hi Juliet - I'll make a note to get in touch next year. Mind you, I'm sure Solva can advise. A good excuse for a trip out! They had 2 stands at Malvern last week - scrumptlicious :D
Post a Comment