I'm most surprised this month as I was expecting to find very little in bloom today. I can in fact present you with almost exactly the same slideshow as last time, so I'm keeping it (see November's entry) and just adding a few photos - the ones shown here plus a couple of December plot views. The above picture shows Winter Jasmine (Jasminum nudiflorum) found poking through my Photinia x fraseri 'Red Robin'. It's a true winter plant, blooming profusely on wiry thin stems. Further good winter flowerers are waiting in the wings - Viburnum tinus 'Eve Price', Viburnum davidii, Skimmia japonica and Lonicera x purpusii 'Winter Beauty' have all stayed steadfastly in bud owing to the several days of hoar frost we've had lately. Looking at this picture of a frozen primrose flower below, I'm sure you'll understand why. Do click on either picture to enlarge if needed.


No comments:
Post a Comment