Wednesday, 16 July 2008
October Fair
What's flowering in my garden today (15th October)? There's a lot more than I expected - I think the unseasonably warm, sunny weather (though welcome) has made my flowers hang on for a little longer. I've shown you most of these before, but the Saxifrage, Skimmia, Viburnums, most of the Fuchsia and the Schizostylis are new kids on the block. Autumn has only really started to look well established here this week. On Saturday I took some pictures of the ash trees at the side of the house and was surprised to find they hadn't really put on their autumn coat of colour. As of yesterday they're quite different: the green of Saturday is now an burnt orange/yellow hue and a myriad of leaves are silently falling onto my gravel path below.
If there's a large orange arrow in the box when you come to view this slideshow, just click on the x at the top right hand corner to start it again. You can view an image for longer if you want by hovering your mouse over the main picture. Taking it away from the main picture will restart the slideshow again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment