Wednesday, 16 July 2008

The Practice CD

Half way through rehearsals having gone through each song at least once, we were given a practice CD containing all the songs. There's a track for each part for a song, plus one with all the parts combined. Some of the parts are also split (so we're singing eight part harmony instead of the usual 4-part), so for these songs you have to listen carefully for which speaker your allotted split part has been allocated to. It means lots of concentration is needed, even at home.

I have to sneak in my home practising as NAH doesn't like to hear me singing. Luckily, he goes swimming training in the morning on a regular basis, so I have a quick half an hour going through each song before he comes home. I have tried singing along in the car, but gave up after I was so busy singing on the way to rehearsals, I missed the turning to Trowbridge and went off to Warminster instead!

No comments: